Fire Razes Nightclub In Abuja Hotel


BY OUR CORRESPONDENT – The management of an Abuja-based hotel is currently counting huge losses following a fire incident that razed a nightclub within its complex over the weekend.

Reports identified the affected hospitality spot as New Standard Hotel, located beside Mpape Clinic, in the popular Mpape axis of Abuja, the Nation’s capital.

It was reliably gathered that the fire gutted the club following an unexpected explosion with property worth several millions of Naira destroyed in the incident.

According to eyewitnesses’ accounts, the fire erupted early in the morning hours following a loud bang that occurred around the club area with many residents scampering for safety not knowing the cause of such explosion.

A source, who lives near the hotel and identified himself as Papa Abdul, said they suspect that the explosion might have been triggered by an electrical fault from a compressor in one of the numerous freezers used for their daily business by the club.

However, Abdul noted that given the loud sound that ultimately triggered the fire, it seems the faulty compressor may have been from one of those freezers that are usually kept in the club itself.

Reacting to the incident, one top management staff of the Hotel, who did not want his name in print, lamented the damage done to the property and business due to the fire incident.

Distressed by the situation, he told some reporters; “Having seen the level of damage, it is impossible for us to leave this environment in such a state. We need to urgently handle the situation to ensure there are no further losses from the incident.”

“It is important to properly manage this situation, ensure the wellbeing of our guests, and safeguard the future of our business concerns as a top player in the Abuja hospitality industry”, he further explained.

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply