BY SEGUN ADEBAYO, ABUJA – In continuation of what seems like coordinated attacks on communities in Southern Kaduna, killer herdsmen stormed Sabon Kaura in Zangon Kataf Local Government Area in Southern Kaduna and killed no fewer than 15 people.
Confirming the attack to Forefront on phone, a cleric, Rev Fr Ezekiel Ninyio, said the assault was launched in the early hours of today Saturday, July 11, 2020.
“I can confirm to you that there was an attack on Sabon Kaura in Gora Ward of Zangon Kataf Local Government Area. Though two people have called me and said 15 people were killed, I am yet to confirm the actual numbers. When I confirmed the casualty figure, I shall reach to you,” the cleric said.
The president of the Atyap Community Development Association, Professor Lucius Bamaiyi, confirmed to this reporter that the community have so far recovered 12 corpses. The search for missing persons, according to Prof Bamaiyi, is still ongoing.
He also said that about 10 houses were burnt down by the attackers.
Today’s attack on Sabon Kaura is coming less than 24 hours after a similar attack on Chibwob in the same local government area that initially claimed the lives of seven people. Two other people later died, bringing the yesterday’s death toll to nine people.
…developing story.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here