BY AMOS DUNIA, ABUJA – Atiku Campaign Organisation on Wednesday accused the President Muhammadu Buhari government and the All Progressives Congress (APC) of having become idle of late by abandoning vital duties of running the government but instead hurling insults and false accusations on the Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar.
The Organisation urged the Buhari administration to remember that it is this disinterest in real governance and focus on trivia that caused Bill Gates to look President Buhari in the eye and told him that ‘your economic blueprint does not address Nigerians’ needs’.
A statement by the Atiku Campaign Organisation said it runs an issue based campaign where refined language and cerebral arguments founded on facts are used to disseminate the vision of its candidate.
It further said; “Which is why we call on the Buhari Campaign Organisation to waste no time in taking the #BuhariChallenge in clearing the air on these knotty issues bothering the minds of Nigerians.
The Organisation challenged the Buhari Campaign Organisation to give Nigerians the answers they want over germane issues of state and national questions.
The statement further states; “We urge the Buhari Campaign Organisation to take the #BuhariChallenge and answer the following questions.
- Name one project initiated, started and completed in the last three years by the Buhari administration.
- Name one youth in President Buhari’s cabinet.
- Name one campaign promise President Buhari has kept.
- Name one Southerner heading a National Intelligence Agency under Buhari.
- Name one terrorist arrested, tried, convicted and imprisoned by the Buhari administration.
- Name one Buhari government official arrested, tried, convicted and imprisoned by the Buhari administration over their many budget padding scandals.
- Name one member of the Buhari administration fingered in corruption that was fired, arrested and currently facing trial.
- Name one former President or Head of State that has not been blamed by President Buhari for the precarious state of the economy he led us into.
- Name one year that Nigeria’s GDP grew faster than her population under Buhari (for 16 years of PDP administrations, Nigeria’s GDP always grew faster than population growth).
- Name the initiatives the Buhari government has put in place to address Nigeria being named the world headquarters for extreme poverty under Buhari.
- Name one initiative the Buhari government has put in place to address Nigeria having the world’s highest number of out of school children (13.2 million according to the United Nations Children Fund).
- Name the date the Ogoni cleanup will begin.
- Name what President Buhari has done with the ₦13 trillion loans he has taken in 3 years (compared to the ₦6 trillion borrowed by the PDP in 16 years).
- Name the real owners of the Ikoyi Apartment billions.
The Atiku Campaign Organisation said these are the issues the Nigerian people want to hear about and not insults from a Presidency and a party that have spent three years in office only to preside over Nigeria’s first ever recession in 25 years.