How SARS Men Electrocuted Late Miss Comfort Hembe – Witness


BY AMOS DUNIA, ABUJA – The venue of the Mr. Tony Ojukwu-led Presidential Panel on The Reform Of Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), went cold on Tuesday as Mr Samuel Shiekuma, a 36-year-old Carpenter told members of the panel of how one Late Comfort Hembe was allegedly electrocuted by the men of SARS.

Shiekuma, who revealed this at the public hearing organized by the Presidential panel on SARS reform said they were informed by a medical doctor that the late Comfort died as a result of electrocution.

He further said that the incidence occurred on June 13, 2018 during which seven men from SARS allegedly stormed and raided Spy Annusa Guest House located Mabushi District of Abuja, adding that in the process, the SARS officers searched all the rooms in the Guest House and found the Late Comfort in one of the rooms with Mr. Dogo, who is known to be her fiancée and from there pushed her out of the room half naked.

According to him; “The SARS officials collected the mobile phone of Late Comfort because she refused to give them money. About seven men of SARS came into the Guest House and knocked on her door. When she came out, they collected her handset and handcuff her because she resisted arrest initially. And when she started arguing with them, one of the SARS men slapped her and pushed her to the gate that was electrified.

“When one of the men attempted to lift her up from the gate, he felt the shock and immediately they realised that the deceased was electrocuted. Then, four out of the seven officers immediately left living three of them behind.”

The witness further said that one of the SARS officers used stick to push the body of the Late Comfort out of the electric gate and dumped her body into the Police Hilux before taking her to Gwarimpa General Hospital, where she later died.

During cross examination by Mr James Idachaba, who is the legal counsel to the police, Shiekuma explained that his connection with the Guest House was based on the fact that he was a member of the vigilante team watching over the area.

In the words of Shiekuma; “Why we went to the Guest House at 12am was because I am part of the vigilante at Mabushi village and the SARS men used to come to the place without the knowledge of the Divisional Police Officer in charge of Mabushi.”

“I also heard when the deceased shouting that the gate was electrified and that they should not push her out of the gate.”

The witness however said that he could not confirm if it was the SARS men that connected the electric wire to the gate.

Chairman of the Panel, Mr Tony Ojukwu, who is also the Executive Secretary of the National Human Rights Commission adjourned further hearing to Wednesday, October 24, 2018.

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply