After weeks of speculations in the media, the Presidency on Sunday confirmed that President Muhammadu Buhari has proceeded to London for the next round of medicals as reported when he returned to the country on March 10, 2017
On his return after the 49-day extended medical vacation, Buhari told Nigerians that there may be need for a follow-up trip in few weeks time.
A statement issued on Sunday by Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina said the length of Buhari’s stay will be determined by his doctors. Below is Adesina’s statement:
“President Muhammadu Buhari proceeds to London tonight (Sunday Night) for follow-up medical consultation with his doctors.
He had planned to leave Sunday afternoon, but decided to tarry a bit, due to the arrival of 82 Chibok girls who arrived Abuja earlier in the day.
The President wishes to assure all Nigerians that there is no cause for worry. He is very grateful for the prayers and good wishes of the people, and hopes they would continue to pray for the peace and unity of the nation.
The length of the President’s stay in London will be determined by the doctors. Government will continue to function normally under the able leadership of the Vice President.
President Buhari has transmitted letters about the trip to the Senate and the House of Representatives, in compliance with Section 145 (1) of the 1999 Constitution.”
Special Adviser to the President
(Media and Publicity)
May 7, 2017